Re: Analyze table

From: Calvin Cheong <pohkuanc_at_merlion.xoommail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:03:15 GMT

your optimizer_mode (in iinit.ora or check v$parameter) must be in default mode ie CHOOSE. Hence you need to analyze the tables to generate the statistics the optimizer need to quickly return rows. You will need to 'analyze table' on a regular basis to maintain performance.

you may explore setting it to RULE.

See documentation for details on cost-base and rule-base modes.

On 10 Jun 1999 05:34:48 GMT, "Todd" <toddlee_at_ms4.url.com.tw> wrote:

>We have upgarde our database from 7.0 to 8.0.4.0.2 recntly. It's strange
>the performance is down
>when we truncate a table and then insert new rows. One of our reports runs
>whole day long and not
>thing come out, and it only took about 10 minutes on Oracle 7.
>
>All program are the same. Why?
>
>Finally, we found how to solve it. Perform 'analyze table' make all things
>fine. But we still don't know
>why. Had any body met this problem? Do we need to involve 'analyze table'
>command in our form or
>report program always?

Please remove "merlion" when replying. Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 11:03:15 CEST

Original text of this message