Analyze table

From: Todd <toddlee_at_ms4.url.com.tw>
Date: 10 Jun 1999 05:34:48 GMT

[Quoted] We have upgarde our database from 7.0 to 8.0.4.0.2 recntly. It's strange the performance is down
when we truncate a table and then insert new rows. One of our reports runs whole day long and not
thing come out, and it only took about 10 minutes on Oracle 7.

All program are the same. Why?

Finally, we found how to solve it. Perform 'analyze table' make all things fine. But we still don't know
why. Had any body met this problem? Do we need to involve 'analyze table' command in our form or
report program always? Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:34:48 CEST

Original text of this message