Oracle 7.1 to 7.3.4 on Windows NT

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:28:53 -0700

Hello all,

    I use Oracle 7.1 on Windows 4.0. Now I want to upgrade to Oracle 7.3.4. I deinstall the Oracle server, SQL*Net, utilities and all other components (except the datafiles). Then I want to install Oracle 7.3.4 on the same directory as in Oracle 7.1. However, the installer said d:\orant (the old version Oracle ORACLE_HOME) has already been assigned to ORACLE_HOME and cannot be installed on this directroy again. How can I solve this problem if I want to install the new version of Oracle in the same directory (i.e. d:\orant)?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:28:53 CEST

Original text of this message