NT error 2140 when starting TNSListener80 service

From: Daniel Leonard <dan_at_dlsoftware.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:37:22 +1200

Hi,

I recently installed Oracle 8.04 on a Laptop running NT workstation - worked fine when I did it, but then the user made some changes and since then I have not been able to start the TNSListener80 service. The error message is: Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occured. The TNSListener service starts fine. I think 2140 is just a general NT error.

I have checked all the relevant logs, and cannot find any extra information anywhere. I tried reinstalling the TCP/IP and SQLNet files with no avail. Tried removing and reinstalling Oracle completely, and the same problem occurs.

[Quoted] Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:37:22 CEST

Original text of this message