Re: Calling graphics from Reports on UNIX environment

From: Marco Landi <Marco.Landi_at_softeco.it>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:05:16 +0100

Mangala wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I have just installed Oracle Developer server V 1.6.1 for Sun
> Sparc Solaris. The installation went through successfully.
> I now have a problem calling graphics from Reports. Calling a
> simple emp graphics report from the Reports Designer is giving a core
> dump. The same report and graphics works fine on NT. I am quite new to
> the UNIX environment and so stuck up here.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Mangala

I had a similar problem calling GRAPHICS from FORMS on a Unix Digital using a RUN_PRODUCT like

        RUN_PRODUCT(GRAPHICS, display_file_name, SYNCHRONOUS, BATCH...).

A call to this statement caused a floating point core (if I remember well...)

To solve this I had to modify the oracle configuration file for the printer (notice that my application doesn't print anything, but ORACLE suggested me to do so...).

Actually I don't remember the file and how I modified it, but I'll check and send you it.

I don't know if it will be useful for you.

Bye,

        Marco. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 11:05:16 CEST

Original text of this message