any suggestions for data-modeling tools to use with Oracle

From: <gplantz_at_cts.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 17:20:28 GMT

[Quoted] Hi Folks,

        I'm interested to know opinions on data-modeling tools that people are using to design oracle databases. I'm aware of Designer, Erwin, and many other possible tools, but I was wondering if there is a "consensus" on which tools give the designer the most "bang for the buck", so to speak.

        I've tried "doing my homework" on this subject, but all I've come up with are "lists of tool vendors".

        I will be using Oracle 8 on a unix box, NT as a client, and it would be nice if the tool at least generated the SQL to create the tables.

        I apologize if this subject is already convered in an FAQ, I searched far and wide for tool evaluations/comparisons on this subject.

[Quoted]         Thanks in advance for any help,

		Glen Plantz
		Senior Software Engineer
		SPAWAR lab 140
		"gplantz_at_cts.com"