ows 3.0 on HP UX

From: marba <marba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:14:00 +0200

I installed ows 3.0 on a server HP-UX 10.20 on which runs an Oracle 7.3.4.

I had some problems installing the packages on the DB because when the installation says:
"run the browser at
http://<host_name>:<port_number>/ows-abin/boot "

and submit the form,
i found the messages:

     Installing PL/SQL, Browse, Log Server, Log Analyzer packages for     User: www_dba

    SVRMGR> MGR-11401: input error, unable to read input line     MGR-01508: unable to close the current file ...

So i installed the packages manually using server manager. All the demo works well but i don't know why i' am not able to create a new dba user.
I found also that every time i start the www server, it take all CPU resources
ie the server is CPU bound. It is very strange that the process oraweb use all the CPU time also when it is only waiting http requests. I think that something doesn't work properly but i don't know what.

[Quoted] Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 00:14:00 CEST

Original text of this message