Re: SQL*Loader can a comma delimited file be imported and skip selected fields?

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:17:13 +0100

[Quoted] In your example, the first field 1,234 would be treated as 2 seperate fields [Quoted] because of the comma. If it was "1,234" it would be treated as one field [Quoted] providing your control file said

fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"'

As for ignoring fields, i needed to do that a few months ago but couldn't [Quoted] find a way. :-(