Re: Migrate MS Access to Oracle 8.0.4 for Solaris

From: Georg Oberwinkler <obii_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 06:45:03 GMT

On Thu, 20 May 1999 08:15:43 GMT, Georg Oberwinkler <obii_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>How can I migrate a MS Access database to Oracle 8.0.4 for Solaris?
>The Access Migration Wizard seems to work only with Oracle for NT.
>
>In the Installation instructions of Oracle 8 I found the hint, that
>cross platform migration only works by the export/import functions.
>
>Is this true?

It is not. I installed an Oracle Client on my PC, then installed the Access Migration Wizard, then got stuck, then pinpointed the problem on the Access Migrationwizard using the wrong tnsnames.ora file, exchanged the file, and everything worked just perfect.

Thanks to the guy giving me the tip with the client and the ODBC connection.

Georg

--
government denies knowledge