Re: Oracle Personal and Sql*Plus (only Scott seems to work)

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:08:13 -0700

Scott can only see objects in his scheme as well as objects for which he has been granted rights to. SYS users can see everything.

You can log in as SYS and issue the following: GRANT DBA TO scott;

This will grant dba privileges to scott. Note that when you log in as Scott and want to access objects owned by other users such as PeteH, you have to reference that users' name .
For example, to access a table (EMPLOYEE) owned by PeteH) , you would type: Select * from peteh.employee;

there are views you can query like users_tables, all_tables, dba_tables etc.

hope that helps a little.