Oracle Personal and Sql*Plus (only Scott seems to work)

From: Pete Heater <pheater_at_ptdprolog.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:08:35 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I just got the 30 day version of Personal Oracle (rel 8.0.4.0.0) and I installed it. I know about the scott login, but when I use the navigator I can see that there are other user names, but when I log in using a different name I cannot see the tables (I changed the SYS password and I also added a user name (PeteH) with all the Privileges) . Only when I log on as scott I can query the tables that are owned by scott.

        Shouldn't I be able to query the other user tables if I have SYS Privileges? I understand if I log on as scott that I can't query demo's tables. What Privileges do I need to be able to query all the tables in the database.

        I guess there's a manual on the cd, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

        Is there a way to see all the tables in sql*plus or am I supposed to know what tables exist before I run sql*plus?

Pete Heater
pheater_at_ptdprolog.net Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 20:08:35 CEST

Original text of this message