Re: Problem with Pro*C compilation : sqlgls and sqlglm

From: <kev_grindley_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 09:52:53 GMT

Thanks for that Richard. We have made some progress since but still missing a library : I've prompted our Tech Support to take aclose look at the make files !

In article <7hcccg$i73$1_at_bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,   "Richard Armstrong" <StateOArt_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I always use the makefile that is provided with the sample Pro*C
programs.
> Sometimes I just add my program modules to the end of the makefile...
and
> other times I get industrious and create a makefile that includes the
sample
> makefile. That is the only way to ensure that you get all of the
paths and
> libraries included. The Oracle makefile is terribly complicated, and
one
> should just use it instead of trying to create their own. That way,
when
> you upgrade, you can just adopt the new sample, and you are off and
running
> again.
>
> I have seen the exact situation you describe, but do not remember
exactly
> what it was. I would just make sure you are using the new makefile.
> --
> Richard Armstrong
> State Of The Art Consulting, Inc.
> http://www.stateoart.com
> <kev_grindley_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to recompile a Pro*C application under Oracle 8
> > which was originally developed under DYNIX/ptx and Oracle 7.3 The
code
> > uses the sqlglm() function call to retrieve the error message text
when
> > an embedded SQL statement fails. This is the technique recommended
by
> > the manual. The compilation fails with the following messages :-
> >
> > $ cc -o cgrp cgrp.c
> > Undefined first referenced
> > symbol in file
> > sqlgls cgrp.o
> > sqlglm cgrp.o
> > sqlcxt cgrp.o
> > ld: cgrp: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written
> > cgrp
> >
> > Folks here beleive that something has been missed out during the
> > installation of Oracle 8...perhaps a library, or a link to a library
> > path, may be an environment variable.
> >
> > However, I can't find anything in the documentation or on Oracles
> > technet that may be of help. Has anyone come across this error
before ?
> > Any advice would be gratefully received.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin Grindley
> >

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> > ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 11:52:53 CEST

Original text of this message