Problem with Pro*C compilation : sqlgls and sqlglm

From: <kev_grindley_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:22:20 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to recompile a Pro*C application under Oracle 8 which was originally developed under DYNIX/ptx and Oracle 7.3 The code [Quoted] uses the sqlglm() function call to retrieve the error message text when [Quoted] an embedded SQL statement fails. This is the technique recommended by [Quoted] the manual. The compilation fails with the following messages :-

$ cc -o cgrp cgrp.c

sqlgls                              cgrp.o
sqlglm                              cgrp.o
sqlcxt                              cgrp.o
ld: cgrp: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cgrp

[Quoted] Folks here beleive that something has been missed out during the installation of Oracle 8...perhaps a library, or a link to a library path, may be an environment variable.

However, I can't find anything in the documentation or on Oracles technet that may be of help. Has anyone come across this error before ? [Quoted] Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Kevin Grindley

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 17:22:20 CEST

Original text of this message