Re: Error when using RUN_PRODUCT

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:27:10 GMT

Possibilities...
1. I would add some code to dump the :REPORT_NAME variable to an alert box so I can prove that the report name is actually what I think it should be.

2. Maybe one must copy :REPORT_NAME to a locally declared varchar2 before calling run_product ???

    Run_Product(reports, MyVarFileName, .....etc....

3. Does the variable contain the right search path information, that is, could it be searching in a place where the report does not exist?

4. Possibly try different forms of run_product to debug it examples: SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, etc. ...then work backwards to the way you really want it.

5. Try NULL parameter list to rule out any problems in your parameter block and work backwards....

6. Try the more traditional:

    Declare report_parms Paramlist;
   begin
     report_parms := Get_Parameter_List('ReportArguments');     if not ID NUll.....etc.

    instead of putting it all in the declare statement.

Hope these help,
Robert Proffitt
RTProffitt_at_beckman.com

In article <7hf1uh$lnd$1_at_elmo.tju.edu>,   "Eric Richardson" <eric.richardson_at_mail.tju.edu> wrote:
> Anyone out there know much about the following error?
>
> FRM-41211: Integration error: SSL failure running another product.
>
> Oracles Doc's and Technet aren't much help, they just say:
>
> FRM-41211: Integration error: SSL failure running another product.
>
> Cause: There is a problem detected when launching another product.
>
> Action: Check the RUN_PRODUCT built-in.
>
> Level: 99
>
> Type: Error
>
> Here's the code I'm trying to use:
>
> ECLARE
> report_parms ParamList := Get_Parameter_List('ReportArguments');
>
> BEGIN
> if NOT ID_NULL(report_parms) then
> Destroy_Parameter_List(report_parms);
> end if;
>
> report_parms:=Create_Parameter_List('ReportArguments');
> ADD_PARAMETER(report_parms,'DESTYPE',TEXT_PARAMETER,'PRINTER');
> ADD_PARAMETER(report_parms,'DESNAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PRINTERS);
> ADD_PARAMETER(report_parms,'PARAMFORM',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');
>
> ADD_PARAMETER(report_parms,'BEGIN_DATE',TEXT_PARAMETER,to_char(:start_date,'
> DD-MON-YY'));
> ADD_PARAMETER(report_parms,'END_DATE',TEXT_PARAMETER,to_char(:stop_date,'DD-
> MON-YY'));
> run_product(REPORTS,:REPORT_NAME,Asynchronous,BATCH,filesystem,report_parms,
> null);
>
> END;
>
> Anyone with any info, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.
>
> --
> Eric Richardson
> Office of Information Technology
> Thomas Jefferson University