Re: OAS vs WAS

From: <rickloga_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:25:43 GMT

Yes, that's correct. WAS 3.0 is the earlier version of OAS 4.0. It was called Webserver 2.0 before WAS 3.0. You can migrate from WAS to OAS and even have both at the same time in different Oracle Homes. For a cleaner installation, uninstall WAS 3.0 before installing OAS 4.0. If you developed with PL/SQL cartridges, it's not too difficult to convert the packages to OAS. Oracle has a special documentation download for OAS which explains what you need do to to migrate from WAS to OAS.
In article <37373B60.8B7A42F5_at_us.oracle.com>,   Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> --------------49F3DC676BC72E6B1145865A
>
> Marc
>
> Not an area I'm an expert on but I think OAS is the version 4 name of
the
> WAS product. In other words, OAS is the next release of WAS. I'll
have to
> leave the migration issue to others since I don't use either!
>
> HTH.
>
> Pete
>
> Marc Mazerolle wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Couple of questions for u :
> >
> > What is the difference between Oracle Application Server for NT and
Web
> > Application Server for Linux and SCO ?
> >
> > Can i migrate my application from one to the other or are they two
> > different products ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Marc Mazerolle
> > InforMaze Technologies
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Pete
>

> Pete Sharman Email:
psharman_at_us.oracle.com
> Project Manager Phone: +1.650.607.0109
(int'l)

~

> --------------49F3DC676BC72E6B1145865A
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Sharman;Peter
> tel;fax:+1.650.633.1669
> tel;work:+1.650.607.0109
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://www.oracle.com
> org:Worldwide Internal Services Education;Oracle Corporation
> adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-B1024;Redwood
Shores;California;94065;USA
> version:2.1
> email;internet:psharman_at_us.oracle.com
> title:Project Manager
> note;quoted-printable:=0D=0A=0D=0A **** The statements and opinions
expressed here are my **** =0D=0A **** own and do not necessarily
represent those of          **** =0D=0A **** Oracle
Corporation.                                             =20
****=0D=0A=0D=0A"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." =0D=0AKevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook =0D=0A"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" =0D=0ABruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA
> x-mozilla-cpt:;0
> fn:Pete Sharman
> end:vcard
>
> --------------49F3DC676BC72E6B1145865A--