Re: Delphi TTable-component

From: Alessandro Di Marco <dimarco_at_rapallo.newnetworks.it>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 23:34:06 +0200

Hi Hans,
In my knowledge TTable is optimized for using Paradox tables and other non sql based db engines such as Access, DBase etc... You should use a TQuery control instead which is optimized for SQL based tables such as MS-SQL, Oracle, Interbase etc...

Anyway, I used Delphi since version 1 and I ended up one of the best Development languages to be used when handling with SQL RDBMS is Powerbuilder (which compared to Delphi has a terrific frontend and editor but on the database side is much better)

Best Regards.

  • ALEX ****