Re: Editing text with Oracle

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 00:10:43 +0100

Oracle has a utility, SQL Loader, which will load a text file into a table.

If you want to do cleverer updating (e.g. comparing the text fil with what is already in the table, and then updating/inserting/deleting rows as appropriate), you will need to load the load into a temporary table and then use PL/SQL to do the comparison.

This is the solution using Oracle's basic utilities - there may well be other tools.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK