Help needed for Personal Oracle 7 installation

From: Xiaodong Wang <wangxd_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 16:47:04 -0600

Hi,

I was installing Personal Oracle7 on Windows 98, but encountered problem. At about 82% installation, an info box appearred that says: "There was an error in using Server Manager to initialize the starter database". I went ahead to complete the installation. But when I start SQL*PLUS, I entered username: scott, and password: tiger. The database server didn't start, instead another message bos appeared that asks me to enter password again. I never passed that point.

I used to install the same Personal Oracle on the same machine and had no problem. But this time I was stuck there.

Any help or directions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

X. Wang Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 00:47:04 CEST

Original text of this message