Forms5.0, Error-FRM-40501

From: zhang <zhang_at_visi.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 23:11:55 GMT

Hello, Everyone,

I got a big problem with Forms 5.0 applications:

Enviroments: Oracle Developer 2000 version 2.0 on

             Windows 95 and Oracle 8i Server in SUN. Problem: I developed a FORM based on a view in the server.

         (the view is UPDATABLE, INSERTABLE and DELETEABLE).
         I can insert rows in the view via the FORMS interface,
         but when I tried to make changes to the data already inserted,
         I got the follwing error:( even before I finished editing)
       FRM-40501: Oracle error: unable to reserve record for update or
delete.
       when I used <display Error> I got the following message:
         ORA-00600: interal error code, argments [qkaPldsqkn1],

         I am sure the view is OK by itself, because I can use
         SQL *PLUS to do all sorts of update or delete without any
         problem. The problem must be related to the FORMS interface.

Suggestions sought: The Forms used to work Until yeastodayy when I made some changes
 to the underlying table( only changed partition ranges, and all indexes   are rebuild and usable ).I don't know what happened, Any suggestions and advices are greatly appreciated.

Sean Zhang
<zahng_at_visi.net> Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 01:11:55 CEST

Original text of this message