Stored Proc/Oracle vs SQL Server

From: Ann Burk <ann.burk_at_trw.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 11:00:48 -0800

We have a contractor here that wants to use SQL Server to code stored procedures that access Oracle data.
He claims that Oracle does not support returning multiple rows to a SP. I read Oracle documentation talking
about REF Cursors and PL/SQL Tables. Which is better and does this really apply?
My backround is mainframe and I have never programmed in Oracle, just perform the DBA function.
I don't have the time this contractor does to perform proper research. I get SQL Server shoved down my throat constantly, even though Oracle houses our
mission critical data.
Thanks, in advance for any help!
Ann Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 21:00:48 CEST

Original text of this message