Re: which trigger to catch the event of LOV?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 29 Apr 1999 05:19:23 GMT

In article <7g84k2$31f$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <celia_xi_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>There is a LOV connected to empno item in emp_blk block. The problem is that
>once I select a value from LOV, and then press 'ok' on the LOV, at that time,
>I would like to execute query ( automatically, not press QUERY - EXECUTE ),
>all values ( ename, job, sal ) will be shown on the forms immediately. Which
>trigger can do this job? Is it possible? And Execute_Query is a restricted
>procedure.

In a when-validate-item trigger on the item, you could do a Set_Block_Property setting the Default_Where clause based on the LOV value selected. But the next part gets tricky.

You cannot do Execute_Query form WVI, so you would need to start a timer to last 1 millisecond. Then when the timer expires, do your Execute_Query for the when-timer-expired trigger. Before you do the Execute_Query, you would need to do a clear_block to clear out the value set by the LOV, since the form might think you were trying to insert a new row or change an existing one.

Steve Cosner Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 07:19:23 CEST

Original text of this message