Re: Need your opinion on Dev2K java front-end

From: Dyrson Rodrigues Alves Junior <dyrson_at_casasoft.com.br>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:45:08 -0400

Hi Marc,
I have made a couple of tests with the Developer/2000 Server (are you asking about this?). And I can tell you the following. Actually your form is "transformed" in a Java applet without any work. And this is fantastic. The bad thing is that for each client accessing your server it will be created a process using 10 MB of memory in your server. And this is terrible. The configuration gave me some trouble but it was manageable. My task was just to make the thing work so I canīt tell you much more. I particulary believe that the technology isnīt mature enough. Hope this helps.
Dyrson

--
| Dyrson Rodrigues Alves Junior | Casa de Software                 |