Re: SQL Forms 3.0 -multiple records-

From: Paul Hennebry. <paul_at_echofine.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:51:13 +0100

>>Would I be able to use a master-detail form for the following example? What I
>>want is to input a phone number is block 1, and after it has been entered
>>return information from table1 and information from table 2 in multiple
>>records in block 2.

[Quoted] From what I _think_ you are saying, that sound perfectly fine!

You can input a load of records in the main block.

For each of those records, you can use the form to insert/update/delete and query the records in the second block.

If you want stuff that _belongs_ in block 1 to appear in multiple records in block 2 when you run a query, use a post-query trigger in block 2 to fill your choice of non-database fields in block 2. Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 18:51:13 CEST

Original text of this message