Platinum ERwin: Cost

From: Patrick Lanphier <planphier_at_psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:50:54 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] We here at The Pennsylvania State University would like to use ERwin for our CACTUS project and then [Quoted] [Quoted] go on to teach database modeling with ERwin in the future, however, we can not afford to even buy [Quoted] [Quoted] two copies of ERwin at $2865.00 with their large discount of 18% (just kidding) and maintenance of $695.00 on each license which I believe they said could not be discounted. We would also like to [Quoted] [Quoted] use the Modelmart with a price tag of $9,500 with it's 5% discount. This comes to a total price tag [Quoted] [Quoted] of $16,620 which is unreasonable in academia. Many of you would probably think this discounting [Quoted] [Quoted] would be reasonable, however, in academia this is unacceptable, if you would like to see your [Quoted] [Quoted] children learn the latest tools before they get out of college so that they can have a step up in [Quoted] [Quoted] getting the job they desire in this field then we can not allow this to happen. If you have a [Quoted] [Quoted] contact at Platinum that could truly assist me or would like to contact Platinum yourself, it would [Quoted] be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Lanphier
[Quoted] Advanced Information Technologies
The Pennsylvania State University Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 19:50:54 CEST

Original text of this message