Re: DISTINCT

From: Sunder <Sunder.nochilur_at_pcm.bosch.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:51:46 -0400

You cannot do a distinct on a base table block because this would involve grouping. One way to overcome your problem is to use a view. Hope this helps.

Sunder
Markus Schwabe wrote in message <372461F0.429B72DE_at_ada.de>... Hello,

Question:
How do I make a DISTINCT -Clause in my Base-Table-Block?

SELECT DISTINCT columns FROM table....

Do I have to program it in a Trigger? Which one? And how? In the Properties I can handle a Where-Clause, an Order-By-Clause...fine.
But what is with a Distinct? Why exists no Switch in the Properties like

Distinct: true or false, yes or no...

What is with Forms 5/6?

Thank you
Markus Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 16:51:46 CEST

Original text of this message