Re: UTL_FILE

From: <p032834_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:55:21 GMT

[Quoted] In article <371C0656.5F874E56_at_home.com>,   Charles <wildlife_at_home.com> wrote:
> I have written a program that creates a datafile by using UTL_FILE. The
> problem is that I can not move, copy, or even view the file contents
> because it has RW and is owned by Oracle.
>
> How can I change the permissions so I can view the files. Using chmod
> or chown does not work.

Hi,

I've had that problem and got around it by not using <user_id>/<passwd>_at_database to logon. I set the ORACLE_SID and logged in only with user_id and password. That give yoy the properties rw.r..r.. so you can read at least. It also helps if you own the directory in which the file is written, that gives you delete rights. I work with 7.3.3 on HP_UX, hope this works for you too.