Re: Sybase/ Oracle conversion

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:37:22 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Laurent TRESCAZES <ltrescazes_at_peaktime.fr> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:40:28 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does someone have any clues about the way to translate Sybase Stored
>Procedures to Oracle one's.
>Do you know some application free or not that will help me for this
>translation.
>
>Best regards
>
>Laurent

There are 'conversion' kits freely available. These point out some of the pitfalls and workarounds with the conversions and also provide utilities to automate portions of it. They are a good tool to have in your toolbox (as long as you don't expect them to do 100% of the work that is...) To get them, you need an account on technet -- thats free, just goto http://technet.oracle.com/ and get an account. Once you have an account, goto http://technet.oracle.com/ -> "Find" and search for:

conversion kits

you'll see them all there.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com