SR ORACLE DBA/UNIX/NT AVAILABLE FOR SACRAMENTO AREA

From: Rebecca BArghouti <staftech1_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:20:02 -0700

Hello...

I have 1 Sr. Level DBA, that has just come on the market, Please review his resume, and let me know if you would be interested. 916-989-7010 His rate would be 75/hr Contract and 80,000 Fulltime (negotiable)

He is available with reasonable notice. Contract or Full-Time (H1 transfer required for full time)

Thanks Allot
Rebecca Barghouti

916-989-7010
Staff Tech, Inc.
Sacramento, CA

______________Begin resume_____________

Summary
· Over 5 years of working experience in ORACLE Administration and
Development.
· Excellent Project Leader / Developer using ORACLE products.
· Worked with, and provided administration databases up to 8 GB in size
· Expert in AIX UNIX on IBM servers, and Windows NT.
· Proven successful while working on team oriented, or stand alone
projects.
· Superb handling of work pressure as a team member or leader.
· Highly experienced in the Development of Banking Systems.
· Highly motivated, enthusiastic and dependable person.
· Multiple spoken languages (Arabic, English, and Hebrew).

Skills
Database: ORACLE 6, 7.1, 7.3, Cobol, Dbase, FoxPro and MS-Access. ORACLE Tools: ORACLE CASE Method, Forms 3.0/4.5, Reports 2.0/2.5, SQL Menu, ORACLE Graphics,
ORACLE Case Tools, Designer 2000, SQLNET, SQL-LOADER. Operating Systems: AIX UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO UNIX, NT4.0, Windows 3.x/95/98, Wang .
Hardware: SUN Servers, IBM RS6000, VAX, Motorola Servers, Wang, Cisco and pay network routers, Terminal Servers. Language: C, C++, HTML, SQL and PL/SQL and Dynamic SQL. Communications: TCP/IP, X25, LAN/WAN. (all related software). Other Relevant Skills: Saphire Version 5.0. LAN & WAN design and configuration, Wang OS, Relational Systems Design Methodology (RSD) Structured Systems Analysis and Design Methodology (SSADM).

Acquired Courses
Advanced ORACLE DBA . 1994
ORACLE Cooperative Development Environment 1994

ORACLE Case Workshop (CEB)     1995
ORACLE Developer 2000 & Designer.     1996
Networking Working Essentials     1998
Network Administration with Windows NT4.0   1998
Core Technology       1998
Windows NT4.0 in the Enterprise     1998
Networking with TCP/IP     1998
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0.     1998

Treasury, Dealing Operations and Money Market. 1997 DBASE III plus - Kuwait University center. 1987

Professional Experience
Current Position 12/98 - Present
ORACLE DBA / Web Development

My duties include database Administration.
· Installed & upgraded ORACLE Relational Database Management System
· Installed ORACLE V7 RDBMS and migrated ORACLE V6 databases to V7.
· Developed automated database monitoring and reporting system.
· Also responsible for developing and implementing there Secure Internet
Modular Banking Application.

Palestine International Bank (PIB) - Ramalla, Palestine. 03/98 - 11/98
ORACLE DBA / Technical Development Manager

ORACLE DBA activities include:
· Working with databases up to 8 GB
· ORACLE Products Installation and Configuration which requires
extensive OS/ Platform knowledge.
· Database management activities, such as the expansion of database
size, database de-fragmentation activities and database initialization.
· Setting proper Database Backup strategies, Cold / Hot Backup Methods.
· Setting proper security policies using System privileges, Object
Privileges, Roles and proper Authentication methods.
· Performance tuning including Application tuning, ORACLE Instance &
Database tuning (CPU, I/O and Memory) and Operating System monitoring.
· Log file mirroring, control file mirroring etc.

Other responsibilities at PIB include
· AIX UNIX Administrator.
· Application Administrator (Provide Technical Support for the banking
application)
· Home Banking application - an application developed using Saphire
tools that interface with the ORACLE engine. It was designed to run on SUN / SOLARIS operating system.

Computer and Engineering Bureau - Amman, Jordan 11/96 - 02/98 ORACLE DBA & Support / Project Manager

My main role was to implement a fully parameterized banking system, which consisted of all banking modules (financial and administrative) Other major responsibilities included:

· Supervising customer activities through the application development
life cycle using the different ORACLE Products.
· Analysis of the system, ORACLE database design, database creation.
· Development of different modules, and application integration.
· Upgrades, Migrations ( software and hardware ) Applications
Conversions, and other
 consulting activities are also conducted .
· Customer consulting and supervision
· Performance tuning considerations are made and proper database space
utilization is considered.
· Specialized technical sessions are conducted for customers, upon
request, in certain areas to facilitate the application development process.

Main projects at CEB
Comprehensive Automated Banking Solution [C.A.B.S] Jordan Intl. Bank
· My main role was to implement our banking system in all JNB Branches
within Jordan and beyond. I would later assume the role as "Technical Consultant" for these programs.
· Was responsible in the designing, developing, and programming phases
for these banking systems. This project also entailed Data Conversion, in which I converted the previous data from COBOL / WANG to ORACLE Relational Database [O.R.D.B.]

Phase II:
· I was responsible for implementing our banking system, In Jordan Intl.
bank, as well as providing training, and technical support for their staff. My team was also responsible for converting the COBOL / VAX data to an ORACLE relational Database operating on AIX system - Risc6000 machine.

Computer and Engineering Bureau - Amman, Jordan 10/95 - 11/96 DBA/System Analyst

Provided Administration and system analysis at CEB, I worked with a team studying, gathering and analyzing information in order to design CEB's dynamic banking solution. This application was fully comprehensive; it provided automation for all bank procedures and all required interfaces to external systems or tools. ORACLE Case Tools were mainly used throughout designing and building the application.

Computer and Engineering Bureau - Amman, Jordan 10/93 - 10/95 Jr. ORACLE Programmer/ Software Engineer

Began work at CEB as an entry-level ORACLE programmer. After three months of intensive training I joined the Banking Systems development and earned the title Software Engineer which I was responsible for the Arab Land Bank Project - In this project I was involved in the Implementation of the existing application, and development of additional modules. Also included in these responsibilities was the testing and training of customers.

Education:
High School - Kuwait 09/83 - 09/87
High School Diploma received 1987. Graduated with a 3.9 GPA University of Baghdad - Baghdad 09/87 - 06/93 B.A Computer Science.
[Due to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990 I was forced to suspend my studies.
Re-admission followed in the fall of 1992.] Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 02:20:02 CEST

Original text of this message