Re: Can I load using a script.

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Apr 1999 00:38:40 GMT

>I have written a script that cleans up some old data out of a table then
>I use SQL Loader to load the new data. Is there a load command that I
>can use within the script?
>

>Thanks,
>Moises

If you have the .CTL around, you can use the HOST command to start SQLLOAD, Host just starts a copy of the command interpreter, and what you put in the command will depend on your OS. For example, I start SQLLoader on an NT box with the sqlplus line:

HOST cmd /k sqlldr80 myfile.ctl

(I'm not sure if you really NEED the cmd /k, but it does work with it)

You will need to make sure the paths are correct.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 02:38:40 CEST

Original text of this message