Using Text_IO in forms 4.5 (Dev 2000)

From: John Higley <johnhi_at_biker.bv.tek.nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 23:42:17 GMT

Hello,
[Quoted]   I am puzzling over this one. I am creating a form which monitors a pipe, and when input is detected, that input is displayed in a block. I would like to send that input to a file as well. The problem is, since Forms has no real global variables, I cannot open the file in one trigger, and use the file handle in another trigger. Has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ps. I am using a timer to monitor the pipe and still allow some events to be seen. If the pipe has been busy for over 10 seconds, I exit the timer trigger. The timer expires in another second and brings me back.

John Higley 48-140 (62)7-6112 john.m.higley_at_tek.com
remove .nospam from the return address