Re: Need SYSADM Access

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 7 Apr 1999 23:18:25 GMT

Oh..really. It's easy. Are you also the sys admin for the OS? If so, edit your init<SID>.ora file. Put REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD_FILE=NONE. Shutdown the db (oops, since you cannot login as sysdba, you may need to reboot the OS...). Restart the operating system. Run svrmgrl (for Unix), or svrmgr30 (for NT). Connect internal (if it asks for password, respond with "oracle". But normally it shouldn't ask because you really are in the dba group, aren't you?). Start db (not necessary if it starts automatically at system reboot). After that, you are in. Feel free to "alter user sys identified by blah...." and "alter user system identified by blah.....". Then, you could login in SQL*plus as sys or system.

Robert XU

Stagger Lee (Staggerlee_at_mynet.com) wrote:
: I have lost & forgotten the SYSADM password to my database. Is there a
: default (Backdoor) password that I could use to re-gain access.

: I am using Oracle 8 and SQL Plus.