Re: Forms50: Updates to tables through stored procedure based block?

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_nospam.flash.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:11:57 GMT

Alonso Behrens wrote:

> I've been playing around with it and I like the fact that I can create a
> stored procedure that returns a (basically) view of my multi-table based
> cursor to the form's block (only one), the network trips are only a 10th and
> yara, yara...
> The questions is how to do updates; now, we'll be dealing with IN and OUT
> PL/SQL tables returned (from the form's block) to another stored
> procedure... I have unsucsesfully try a few ideas. Does anybody have a
> working example...
> Thanx
> Ignacio Alonso.

If you installed the demos with 2.1, they include a demonstrator that comes close. The form is 'storproc.fmb' and to look at the package, it is in demos201.sql. They don't show exactly how, you will have to work with it, but they show the basic idea. The demo only defines the query, but as I remember you follow the same recipe to do updates, inserts, and locks.

Loyal Barber
BLT Soft Incorporated

--
The difference between Windows 95 and 98?
3!