Re: Modifying rows at runtime?

From: Michael Myers <mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:49:37 -0500

> Is it possible to modify the property of a column in a specific row within a
> block???
>
> Got a block of data with a check box as the first column. Based on the
> current users specifics we'd like to check the box on certain rows and leave
> the box unchecked on others.

I assume this is a multi-record block? You can do this in a post-query trigger.

The post-query trigger fires once for each row returned from the database during the query. When you refer to an item (text item, check box, whatever) in this trigger, you are referring to the row currently being populated by the query.

Post-Query trigger:

IF :EMP.TITLE = 'BOSS' THEN
  :EMP.OVERPAID := 'Y';
ELSE
  :EMP.OVERPAID := 'N';
END IF; ... Every row with a value of 'BOSS' for the employee title will query in with the 'OVERPAID' checkbox checked. Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 03:49:37 CEST

Original text of this message