Re: Modifying rows at runtime?

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:14:56 +0800

SWLABR wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to modify the property of a column in a specific row within a
> block???
>
> Got a block of data with a check box as the first column. Based on the
> current users specifics we'd like to check the box on certain rows and leave
> the box unchecked on others.
>
> Is there any ways of accomplishing this seemingly impossible task???
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.....

It depends on when you want the checkbox to be adjusted. Try a when-new-record-instance if you want it adjusted when the record is first entered. A post-query trigger if you want it adjusted when the data is retrieved from the DB. In the trigger set the checkbox value to the checked or unchecked values you have defined in its property sheet. eg
  if :GLOBAL.user_test_value ='XX' then
    :block.checkbox := 'YES'; (value when checked)   else
    :block.checkbox := 'NO'; (value when unchecked)   end if;

HTH
Geoff Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 04:14:56 CEST

Original text of this message