Re: TOAD and the like

From: <oracle_man_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:54:41 GMT

I too just downloaded it. Wondered why a tool was 6mg+ to download. *Very* skeptical. Installed using the default options. Saw the Borland Database Engine files fly by and wanted to barf. Almost rebooted the system in mid-install. Still looked the tool over though before uninstalling it. It [Quoted] looked ok. Not nearly as functional or as polished as some of the other tools available (Navigator or Toad) and certainly not as cheap as Toad. The severe bloat is a major problem for this tool. I prefer to use tools I can leave at client sites knowing that they can also use them. If a tool requires ODBC or the BDE, you can assume that clients will never figure them out.