Re: DEVELOPER/2000 2.0 Reports: Some troubles with characters, when printing in PDF format...

From: Jochen Brand <jochen.brand_at_topmail.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:08:18 +0100

We also have a problem creating PDF documents with oracle report.

We found two problems :
1. There seems to be a problem with the font names. Oracle writes font names with capital letters. We have patched the font information in the PDF document manually. After this, the external font will be found.

2. We want to use embedded fonts instead, but we found no configuration item to do this. If you are using the Adobe destiller, there is a switch for this item.

If you'll find a resolution, please email the (bug-)fix.

wfr
Jochen Brand

  Jochen Brand
  mailto:jochen.brand_at_topmail.de

Smerchius schrieb:

> HI,
> I have some troubles with printing national characters in Reports output
> when DESFORMAT=PDF.
> When DESTYPE=Preview|Screen, then all national characters are Ok, but then
> DESTYPE=File and DESFORMAT=PDF, my national characters are displayed not
> correctly (encrypted).
>
> In Report Definition I use true type font "Times New Roman", and "Baltic"
> script.
> What should I do to troubelshoot it? I suspect, that I must to configure
> "Oracle postscript driver", but I do not where to find it and how to change
> it.

  Jochen Brand
  Augasse 15
  97509 Unterspiesheim