HP-UX 10.20/Forms 4.5 Text Item alignment Problem

From: Michael Tedrick <michael.tedrick_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:28:54 -0500

[Quoted] We are running 4.5 on HP-UX 10.20 machine.

Significant(to my knowledge) Text Item properties:

Data Type				Number
Maximum (+ Query) Length		5
Alignment				Right
Input Allowed				True
Update Allowed				True

Once the user enter the empty field, the user begins typing, with NO action, errors, etc.

However, when CTRL-e (edit item) window appears, the user CAN enter data.

For fields with existing data, the user may alter the data, or clear the item and input data.

Also, when the Alignment is changed to Left, user CAN enter data directly in the text item.

The field is ample size visually to support the length specified (5), but will NOT accept input when Right Alignment is used.

I think i have included all the background that is pertinent. If anyone has any insight as to why Right Justified prohibits data entry in this scenario, it would be GREATLY appreciated ! Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 21:28:54 CET

Original text of this message