Re: Ad-hoc query tool for End Users connecting to an Oracle Database

From: Herman Viaene <herman.viaene_at_alcatel.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:04:58 +0100

[Quoted] Depends on what your users work with most of the time and whether you have an MS shop or not. Here many people work often with Excel, so the MS-Query and ODBC add-ins allow them to access Oracle data. The MS-Query interface looks very much like the Access query.

RichardGrant wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool that can be purchased to allow end-users to
> construct their own queries without having any knowledge of SQL?
> Something along the lines of the Microsoft Access query wizard would be
> great, but it must be easy to use. I know that Developer now includes
> Query Builder, but this does not include a reporting tool. Any
> suggestions on this would be really appreciated.

***** A L C A T E L  B E L L  S P A C E  &  D E F E N S E  *******
Herman Viaene
Berkenrodelei 33, B-2660 Hoboken, Belgium
Tel: (32/3)8295591
Fax: (32/3)8295502
OIS-mail: viaeneh_at_AM_at_BTMA97
Internet-mail: herman.viaene_at_alcatel.be
X400: Viaene Herman (C=BE,A=RTT,P=ALCANET,OU1=BELA1,O=ALCATEL,
S="Viaene",G="Herman")