Omnidex on Oracle?

From: <Salva.Brad_at_DIMAC.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:44:08 GMT
[Quoted] Message-ID: <799qs6$hf7$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with a product called [Quoted] [Quoted] Omnidex (according to them "a database search engine that utilizes inverted lists and bitmap indexes for multidimensional analysis and superior performance.")

I am considering it for a financial database, size 2-3G, Oracle version 7.3.2 [Quoted] on VMS/Alpha, Ross financial application.

[Quoted] I am looking for improved performance (isn't everyone), particularly at the end of the month, when I run about 20 hours worth of reports (FRX).

Has anybody had any experience with this product good or bad? Will it hurt database performance during Insert/Update/Delete?

Thanks for any help!

Brad Salva