Re: password access in developer 2000

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:15:31 +0300

  1. You can use Get_Application_Property built-in for getting current username and password.
  2. You can use keyword USER in SQL statement in any PL/SQL block to obtain current username:

     select user into your_var_varchar2 from dual; -- for example

3) You can use embedded application access control mechanism of Forms menu

   ("Use security" option).

4) You can develop your own application access control mechanism.

It is a good start point. Feel free to ask me more by E-mail.

jayaram_srinivas_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I am trying to develop a package in developer 2000 using oracle as backend.
>
> I want to include a password verification programme, in which whenever a user
> is logged in it should check the user name and access level.
>
> Please guide me ...
>
> Thanking you
>
> Yours true member
>
> sjay

Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoft.ru
http://www.dd.ru