when_validate trigger

From: Kurt Troyer <ktroyer_at_execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:25:41 -0600

[Quoted] I am working on an application in Developer 2.1. This application has a text item that I am using to input shipment ids. The shipment ids are scanned in using a code 128 scanner and contain an = as the first character. I would like to use the when-validate trigger to strip off this leading =. My problem is that the scanner does not fire the when-validate trigger automatically. The users have to press the enter key or the tab key to fire the appropriate trigger. I have tried using the auto skip feature to cause this to happen, but the shipment ids do not have a fixed length, so I cannot set the correct max length property.

Is there a way to set this property through code, or to capture each keystroke that is transmitted?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kurt Troyer Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 22:25:41 CET

Original text of this message