Deleting Records

From: Steven Karam <steve-karam_at_lambdaconsulting.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 16:13:32 -0500

Hello. I am having trouble deleting records from Forms5.0. I have one master datablock which is linked to an underblock by a foreign key relationship (and also by a master-detail relationship on the form level). This underblock, in turn, is linked to many veryunderblocks by foreign key relationships (and also master-detail on the form level). I query the master block, and it brings up all of the data in all of the lower blocks. So I go to one of the lower blocks, select Remove from the Records menu, go to Action->Save, and the computer says Working...and of course fails to do so. It hangs up the Runtime program.

Why might this be? This happens when I either try to remove the master block or one of the veryunderblocks. If I try to remove the underblock, it gives me an error and says it can't insert the record because of a unique key constraint on the master block.

Please help!

Steven Karam Received on Sat Dec 26 1998 - 22:13:32 CET

Original text of this message