Re: Is ArcServe DBAGENT for Oracle Reliable?

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 15:08:02 GMT

Michael Thompson (mft_at_infinet.com) wrote:
: Hello,
: I'm trying to get some input on the Oracle DBAgent for ArcServe 6.5
: before my company spends the cash for it. We're looking for a good archiving
: tool that will backup a NT4.0 Server and our Oracle 8.0.5 databases.

: Does it perform as expected? Are there any limitations that you've
: discovered?

: Thanks,

: Mt

Hi, Michael,

 We are using ARCserve 6.5 and Oracle Agent for performing nightly hot backups of Oracle DB. The product works fine and is quite fast. The agent we have is for Oracle 7.3. I don't know if there is an agent for Oracle8. Our environment is NT 4.0, Oracle 7.3.2 and Oracle Financials. Test your backup and recovery procedure on your systems to see if the product fits your need.

Xuening Sun