Re: Hotkeys in Forms 4.5

From: <jokapr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:48:59 GMT

In article <01be2a7d$116bf940$0159ea9e_at_mothergoose>,   "Pilsbury" <Pilsbury_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to implement hotkeys for menu items in Oracle Forms 4.5?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pilsbury
>
> Hello from Joe , Yes you can by putting the '&' symbol in front of the letter

that you want to be the hot key. You would do this in the lable property. For example : You have a menu option called "Print Report" and you want the user to be able to get to it quickly by just typing Alt-P in the properties.label for this menu object, enter this "&Print Report" When you generat the .MMB file it option display will say "Print Report" but with the P underlined. The user can easily access this menu option by hitting Alt then P. For triggers, you can also use ON-KEY triggers to define a key to do a specific task. You can also use ORACLE TERMINAL to define key-bindings which will define a key to do a specific task. See the documentation in "Forms Advanced Techniques" in Appendix A "Using ORACLE TERMINAL" I hope this helps you some. Well, Happy Holidays.