Forms 5.0 and Stored Procedures

From: Bryan Baker <baker_at_h2o.mrd.usace.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:54:00 -0600

We currently have stored procedures that are accessed by fortran programs to insert, select, update or whatevert to the database. We would like to use Forms as opposed to the fortran programs. When using (defining) the data block we select Stored Procedure. From there, there are many challenges to overcome. My main question is has anybody use Stored Procedures successfully to select, insert to the database. If so, do you have some sample PL/SQL that we may view to see how it works. I am of the belief that we need to modify our PL/SQL to reflect the column definitions of the database tables but I'm not sure how. This is due to the error FRM -10764. Oracle doesn't give an example of using a Stored Procedure and Form 5.0. Any assistance or ideas would be great.

Bryan Baker
US Army Corps of Engineers Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 16:54:00 CET

Original text of this message