Help - Dev2000 + Oracle8 on Win98 (Connect error)

From: <madhu_narasimhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:47:56 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I installed Oracle8 Personal Edition 8.0.4 on my Windows 98 system using the default installation options except the name of Oracle Home for which I used ORACLE_HOME (instead of DEFAULT_HOME). I could successfully connect to the database as system/manager thru SQL Plus 8.0 (from the same PC). In the login dialog, I left the 'Host String' field blank.

I then installed Developer/2000 R2.1 on the same system. When I ran SQL Plus 3.3 (which I guess got installed along with Developer/2000), I typed system & manager in the login dialog leaving
'Host String' blank. SQL Plus hung for about 3 minutes after which
it displayed the error "ERROR: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed"

Based on 'Oracle Developer/2000 2.1 Getting Started' guide, I then tried to build the Developer/2000 database tables using
'Developer 2000 Build' from the D2K Admin program group. I got the
the following prompts.

SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.4.0.0 - Production on Thu Dec 10 22:24:30 1998

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1996. All rights reserved.

Logging on as SYSTEM...

Enter password for SYSTEM : ******* (manager) Enter database connection (e.g. t:node:SID) [LOCAL] :

NOTE: I hit newline to take the default 'LOCAL' above.

Again, it hung for about 3 minutes and came back with the following error dialog message.

Error: no interface driver connected - function not performed [ORA-3121]

QUESTION: What else do I need to do to be able to use Developer/2000? I can live without using SQL Plus 3.3 though!!

Please Cc: to my e-mail address when responding.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Madhu Narasimhan (madhu_narasimhan_at_hotmail.com)