Export problem

From: Wayne McKinney <wmckinney_at_tiainfo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:54:04 -0600

I'm a newbie to database operations because I'm a developer - not a DBA, but I have a DBA type question.

I'm trying to use the 'exp73' command line utility to export from an Oracle 7.3.2 database running on a Sun Sparc clone. I start out the export by typing 'exp73' on the command line and then fill in all of the parameters that it requests. I tell it to export the entire database.

It goes through the first few portions of the export then it gets a problem: namely 'EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1003 encountered'; then 'ORA-01003: no statement parsed'. These same two messages are shown for each table - even though it does give me statistics on how many rows are exported for each table.

Then, at the end of the export, I get the messages:

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully.

What am I doing wrong to get these messages? What statements aren't getting parsed and how can I find out what the invalid column name is? I looked in TOAD to find any invalid (meaning X'd out) views, procedures, or functions, and there are none.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated! Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 20:54:04 CET

Original text of this message