How to group events in Enterprise Manager?

From: George Harding <gfw11_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:41:15 -0000

I'm in the process of setting up events sets in OEMGR and registering these. Can anyone provide some "hands-on" advice on: -
  1. what to consider when grouping events into event sets? I am monitoring a number of different nodes and there are different criticality's of events for the databases. Should I keep the nodes separate when setting up the event sets or should I include all nodes in one event set?
  2. the frequency to monitor different events, e.g. is there any point in monitoring the "node down" every 30 seconds if I am also monitoring archive log space every 30 seconds.

TIA George Harding

to email me, please reply to george_d_harding_at_hotmail.com or george_at_onest.demon.co.uk Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 10:41:15 CET

Original text of this message