Accessing variable table names in Forms 4.5

From: Brighton <someone_at_anywhere.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:06:24 -0000

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone know how I could do the following in PL/SQL with Forms 4.5?

[Quoted] select ename from tablename

where tablename is a variable, that contains the name of a valid table?

Whenever I try and do this, with for example select ename from :tbl_nme, the [Quoted] PL/SQL compiler rejects this.

I've tried the DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(....) command but whenever I run this, even [Quoted] from the SYS account, it says I have insufficient privelidges. Does anyone know
[Quoted] a simpler workaround?

Many thanks
mrittman_at_tmf-europe.com Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 10:06:24 CET

Original text of this message