Re: Accessing variable table names in Forms 4.5

From: Brighton <someone_at_anywhere.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:27:23 -0000

[Quoted] I'd just like to say thanks to the two of you for replying so quickly. It's really gratifying to know there is a good community here, willing to help out.

I've had a look at Steve's page and I'm going to try out the QA Application.

The 'work-around' i've used so far is to create a SQL*Plus file called cre_syn.sql which contains the following

drop synonym inv_temp;
create synonym inv_temp for &1;
exit
/

and then run this script from within Forms with a host command

host('c:/orant/bin/plus33.exe pwd/usrnme_at_db @invtemp.sql :block.tbl_nme');

obviously with the pwd etc replaced with our password and so on....

This creates a private synonym that is then used later in the PL/SQL block within forms to create a consistent 'table name' to access. Bit of a bodge job though.

Anyway, thanks again

Mark Rittman
Toyota Motor Finance Europe
mrittman_at_tmf-europe.com Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 23:27:23 CET

Original text of this message